ONE~crazy month. August just flew by like a wind storm. Speaking of storms, it seems to be that time of the year that the hurricanes hit hard. Florida is bracing for hurricane Dorian. Having lived in areas that have dealt with severe weather, it is always a little troublesome to prepare your home, family, and such for natural disasters. Some things you can do to prepare for fire storms, hurricanes , earthquakes, and such. (1) Keep your important documents in a safe deposit box. Generally speaking the banks will be more protected than your home. (2)Make sure your insurance is in order. (3) Have a central pre planned meeting location for your family in case you lose communication and are separated. Some ideas are, a favorite restaurant, a park, grocery store, Starbucks, etc. (4) Have a bag ready with the essentials, flashlight, matches, water, snacks, candle, blanket, extra clothes, a toothbrush, etc. We actually had to quickly leave our house in Hawaii once for a tsunami and my daughter flew out in her pajamas. She had to stay in them until we were able to return home. (5) Stay calm and think clearly. It will be okay!
Two~very different types of Chardonnay is what is typically liked. People either love the buttery, oaky flavor of the classic California Chardonnay or they like the crisp clean type that is absolute opposite, made in stainless steel with no malolactic fermentation. Did you know, that malolactic fermentation is what causes the effect of butter? It is a type of fermentation that controls bacteria in the wine making process, the winemaker will add this product that eats the malic acid in grapes and converts it to lactic acid, which is the same thing found in milk, which is how butter is made. Therefore a buttery taste. This process as well as aging in oak tends to smooth out the flavor a bit. The other one is fermented with a yeast, fermenting in a more natural state and aged in stainless steel. This causes a more crisp, acidic, cooler wine. Finding both types of Chardonnays is super easy in Sonoma County. Here is one I recently have tried.
Three~months of Keto is what I have managed so far. I have not been 100% on track more like 95%. However, losing the weight is still happening and I am enjoying my life. Often times when you try a lifestyle change with diet, you feel like you are missing out on so much. I have never once felt this way on Keto. It is the first diet change that has left me never feeling hungry. Many people confuse Keto with Atkins or high protein. They also think you need to eat a lot of meat and cheese. This is just not true. My favorite lunch has become mini bell peppers and mini cucumbers sliced with a little MCT oil on it. MCT oil is made from coconut, you can read more about it here. Want to feel a little sharper mentally? Add some to your coffee in the morning. I call it brain food.
Four~The average 40-year-old has a net worth of roughly $80,000. But for the above-average 40-year-old, their net worth is closer to $660,000. So what qualifies as above-average?
1) Someone who went to college and believes in grades and a good work ethic do matter.
2) Does not irrationally spend more than they make.
3) Saves for the future because they realize at some point they no longer are willing or able to work.
4) Takes responsibility for their own actions when things go wrong and learns from the situation to make things better.
5) Takes action by leveraging free tools on the internet to track their net worth, minimize investment fees, manage their budget, and stay on top of their finances in general. Once you know where all your money is, it becomes much easier to optimize your wealth and make it grow.
6) Welcomes constructive criticism and is not overly sensitive from friends, loved ones, and strangers in order to keep improving. Keeping an open mind is critical.
7) Has a healthy amount of self-esteem to be able to lead change and believe in themselves.
8) Enjoys empowering themselves through learning, whether it be through books, personal finance blogs, magazines, seminars, continuing education and so forth.
9) Has little-to-no student loan debt due to scholarships, part-time work, or help from their parents. Our parents have saved and invested through the largest bull market in history. It’s understandable that parents want to help their children out. You can find more with (Financial Samurai: Aimee Scher
Five~years old. Kona girl is going to be five in December. I recently stumbled on a picture of her from a few years ago and the aging in her face was astounding. Her little beard has been getting so grey lately. It is a reminder to spend as much time as possible with these little fiends, as their time with us is so short. Kona has literally become my best friend. She is the first thing in my life that has been able to change my desire to travel all the time. If I can not take her, I would rather go somewhere that I can. Trading the tropical vacations for the camping in the mountains with lakes has become incredible. I have to admit, I am still waiting the the shift in her energy. So far, she has the energy of a puppy. She loves to run, swim, chase, and play.
A bonus ~ Warren Buffet made about 95% of his wealth since the age of…..60! Never underestimate the earnings potential – and wealth creation – of those more senior in age!